We know that your dog's well-being means the world to you, and we're here to help you understand the signs of arthritis in your beloved companion. It's easy to miss these subtle cues, but fear not, we've got your back!
👀 Keep an Eye Out for These Telltale Signs:
- Limping or Favoring a Limb: If you notice your pup limping or avoiding the use of a particular leg, it could be a sign of arthritis. Sometimes they don’t want you to touch, pet or stroke the area that is hurting them, so watch out for them moving away from you which can indicate an increased sensitivity when touched.
- Stiff Movements: Arthritic dogs may exhibit stiffness, especially after resting. They might struggle to get up or move around comfortably.
- Reduced Activity: If your once hyperactive fur baby seems less enthusiastic about walks and playtime, it's time to pay attention.
- Difficulty Climbing Stairs or Jumping: Arthritis can make these everyday tasks challenging for your dog.
- Behavioral Changes: Look out for changes in mood, like irritability or tiredness.
- Excessive Licking or Chewing: Over-grooming or nibbling at specific joints may indicate increasing discomfort.
💡 What You Can Do:
- You know your dog inside and out and can tell when they are not acting themselves, however it’s always the best port of call to consult your vet for a diagnosis. They can recommend treatments, changes to diet and also offer pain management options.
- Consider adding a dietary supplement to their diet that supports joint health, such as glucosamine and chondroitin.
- We know that you are already giving your bestie the best life, but we suggest reviewing where they sleep. If they are getting older, it may be time for a bed upgrade. Providing them with a cozy, orthopedic bed to ease your dog's discomfort during their rest. A better bed can give them a little respite from their aches and pains.
- Seeing your dog go through their day in pain is gut wrenching, we know. Take walks with them a little slower as they may be experiencing discomfort with each step.
- This one is easy, give them extra love and hugs! Making sure they get a little extra cuddles and kisses can boost their mood and temporarily ease their discomfort.
- 🌟 Remember: Arthritis isn't a life sentence. With love, care, and the right guidance, your furry friend can continue to enjoy their golden years.
Now, let's help pet parents like you by spreading the word! 😊
Love & Friendship x